Dec 28, 2020
In this episode, former journalist Chrissy Farr joins me to
discuss 2020, including reporting on a pandemic, attacks on the
media, the most unbelievable stories of the year and her new role
at OMERS Ventures.
- Intro :13
- About Farr :17
- The interview 1:01
- How did you end up in journalism?
- What was it like being a journalist in 2020?
- How did you figure out what to focus on when covering the
- Were you concerned you might publish a story that would need a
- Is this the first time you’ve dealt with targeted attempts to
discredit the media? 19:00
- Comments from readers, patients
- Journalists are in the category of “hero”
- Looking back at 2020, are there any stories that seemed
- Did you notice that politics and other topics became more
intertwined with your health reporting?
- It’s interesting how people change the narrative based on their
- Tell us about your new role with OMERS Ventures
- What made you leave journalism?
- Farr’s take-home message 45:15
- Thank you, Chrissy 47:09
Christina (Chrissy) Farr is principal investor,
Health-Tech Lead at OMERS Ventures and a former journalist.
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr.
Jain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farr can be reached
@chrissyfarr. Follow us on Twitter @HemOncToday @ShikhaJainMD.
Disclosures: Jain reports she is a paid
freelance writer for Lippincott. Farr is principal investor at