Nov 30, 2022
In this episode, host Shikha Jain, MD, speaks
with Daniel Golden, MD, about how he has developed
educational tools for patients and students, the importance of
embracing your niche in medicine and more.
- Welcome to another exciting episode of Oncology Overdrive
- About Golden :17
- The interview 1:50
- How did you become a radiation oncologist and find your way
into this particular field? 2:22
- How did you get involved and engaged in the education space,
whether it was with patients or with students?
- Have you found that the way you provide these education
materials or the way you educate has evolved over time, or do you
use one template to provide education?
- Have you gotten any feedback from patients as to what they
think about these guides you created?
- Jain and Golden on providing patients with tangible educational
information in the age of data, and how the guides to allow
patients to feel control and ownership in the cancer space
- About the guides as a tool for doctor-patient engagement,
discussion and communication 27:18
- About understanding radiation oncology and Golden’s education
for trainees 30:05
- If there was one thing that you would want people to remember,
what would you want them to take away from this episode?
- How to contact Golden 33:42
- Thanks for listening 34:55
Daniel W. Golden, MD, MHPE, is associate
professor of radiation and cellular oncology at the University of
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr.
Jain at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @HemOncToday and @ShikhaJainMD. Golden can be reached via
email firstname.lastname@example.org or on
Disclosures: Golden reports grant funding from
Bucksbaum Institute for Clinical Excellence, National Institutes of
Health, Radiation Oncology Institute, is the chair of the Radiation
Oncology Education Collaborative Study Group (501c3) and manages
RadOncQuestions.com. Jain reports no relevant financial
For more information on Radiation Oncology Education
Collaborative Study Group: https://roecsg.org/.
ROECSG Downloadable Guides:
CEBRE – ROECSG
CEBRE en Español – ROECSG
CoGBE – ROECSG
For more information on Scholars in Oncology-Associated Research
(SOAR) cancer research program: