Jun 22, 2023
In this episode, host Shikha Jain, MD, speaks
with Medidata’s Alicia Staley about enhancing the
patient care experience from a former patient’s perspective,
building empathetic technical solutions and more.
• Welcome to another exciting episode of Oncology Overdrive 1:11
• About Staley 1:22
• The interview 2:37
• Tell me about your journey and how you ended up at Medidata with your unique skillset? 2:55
• Jain and Staley on medical advances in cancer care, and how delivery of that care has not changed 10:36
• Jain and Staley on the evolution of healthcare as a business and its affects on the doctor-patient relationship 13:27
• What is Medidata and how you end up doing the work you do as VP there? 15:48
• How do you translate and communicate emotion into the bottom line in the space that you are in, and how these changes will help others reach their goals? 20:05
• As a former patient, what are your thoughts on how we can improve clinical trial design? 26:19
• Staley on the importance of finding examples of organizations that have successfully navigated the important conversations surrounding health care 30:29
• If you could create your utopia of a health care system, what do you envision it would look like? 31:19
• If someone could only listen to the last few minutes of this episode, what would you want them to take away? 34:15
• How to contact Staley 35:28
• Thanks for listening 36:21
Alicia Staley has over 20 years of experience in software design and information systems management and is a three-time cancer survivor. At Medidata, Alicia works to infuse the patient perspective throughout the product development lifecycle and help engage patients in novel ways.
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr.
Jain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Healio on Twitter and LinkedIn: @HemOncToday and https://www.linkedin.com/company/hemonctoday/.
Follow Dr. Jain on Twitter:
@ShikhaJainMD. Staley can be reached via LinkedIn, or on
Disclosures: Jain reports no relevant financial disclosures. Staley is a full-time employee at Medidata.