Jun 8, 2023
In this episode, host Shikha Jain, MD, speaks
with Stephen Beeson, MD, about the challenges
physicians face when prioritizing work life balance, components for
building skills to lead in health care and more.
• Welcome to another exciting episode of Oncology Overdrive 1:11
• About Beeson 1:23
• The interview 2:36
• Tell me about how you got into the coaching and mentorship space. What is it that inspired or motivated you? 3:08
• Jain and Beeson on empowering physicians to find the joy in their careers while also balancing a family life 9:45
• What have you found is the biggest challenge that health care workers are facing right now? How do you navigate it? 13:26
• Jain on the power of community and the importance of mentors 20:23
• Systemically, how can we make changes to keep physicians in health care on an individual level and on a bigger picture level? 23:41
• Jain and Beeson on the way we compensate physicians for the invisible workload that helps the health care system 29:20
• If someone could only listen to the minute of this episode, what would you want them to take away? 34:25
• How to contact Beeson 34:59
• Thanks for listening 36:00
Stephen Beeson, MD, is founder and CEO of Practicing Excellence, a nationally recognized speaker, physician and author whose life mission is to coach and develop clinicians to be their best.
Learn more about Healio Disruptive Innovators Awards on June 3, 2023 and how to register.
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr.
Jain at email@example.com.
Follow Healio on Twitter and LinkedIn: @HemOncToday and https://www.linkedin.com/company/hemonctoday/.
Follow Dr. Jain on Twitter:
@ShikhaJainMD. Beeson can be reached at
practicingexcellence.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosures: Jain reports no relevant financial disclosures. Beeson is founder and CEO of Practicing Excellence.