Dec 21, 2022
In this episode, host Shikha Jain, MD, speaks
with Edith Perez, MD, about equity initiatives in
health care organizations, the evolution of precision oncology and
- Welcome to another exciting episode of Oncology Overdrive
- About Perez :21
- The interview 1:03
- Tell me about yourself and how you got to where you are today
- About Perez’s involvement in many kinds of work in oncology
- How did you get involved in your equity and philanthropy work,
and what do you do? 5:44
- Do you feel like your work has been changed or modified over
the last couple of years with the pandemic, or did knowledge of the
problem already exist? 8:30
- What changes do you hope to see in the next 5 to 10 years?
Long-term, what are the biggest issues that we need to work on
- What does Bolt Biotherapeutics do, and what are their missions
and initiatives? 12:26
- What do you see happening with Bolt and this kind of technology
and therapy over the next 5 to 10 years?
- Jain and Perez discuss the evolution of precision oncology over
the years 16:06
- As a woman in this field, how did you navigate your path into
these leadership roles? 19:17
- If clinicians or trainees were interested in getting into the
immuno-oncology industry space, how would you recommend they
navigate a path? 22:04
- Was the transition from industry to a smaller company scary, or
did you know this is what you wanted to do next with your life?
- Have you learned your leadership skills, or were they something
you were taught? … Is the training more experience/on-the-job, or
is it something you seek out? 26:03
- If someone could only listen to the last 2 minutes of this
episode, what would you want them to take away?
- How to contact Perez 30:51
- Thanks for listening 31:36
Edith A. Perez, M.D., is chief medical officer
of Bolt Biotherapeutics and an internationally recognized
translational researcher and cancer specialist.
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr.
Jain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @HemOncToday and @ShikhaJainMD. Perez can be reached on
LinkedIn or via email email@example.com.
Disclosures: Jain reports no relevant financial
disclosures. Perez reports employment with Bolt Biotherapeutics and
Genentech, leadership at Bolt Biotherapeutics, stock and other
ownership interests in Genentech/Roche, and a consulting or
advisory role at Daiichi Sankyo, Puma Biotechnology, and Seattle