Jul 21, 2022
In this episode, Eleonora Teplinsky, MD,
discusses the evolution of advocacy in the health care space, the
challenges cancer patients face after the overturning of Roe v.
Wade, and more.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in
this episode are those of the speakers and do not necessarily
reflect the views or positions of Healio.
- Welcome to another exciting episode of Oncology Overdrive
- About Teplinsky :17
- The interview: 1:07
- How did you decide to do breast oncology, and how did you
decide to incorporate advocacy into that space?
- Have you seen an evolution in health care “advocacy”… and has
it evolved over the years in how we engage in it?
- Can you talk a little bit about these types of policy changes,
how they’re going to impact our patients?
- How on earth could we say, “This is a medical emergency” and
not be prosecuted for terminating the pregnancy in some of these
- How can we call ourselves innovative, and forward-thinking, and
breaking edge technology in health care and then make decisions
that put us back hundreds of years?
- What do we suggest to our colleagues, and patients, in these
states if they find themselves in this situation?
- When there is such massive disapproval for the reversal of Roe
v. Wade, how do we move forward, and how do we make this change?
- What do you do to keep pushing forward? How do you keep
yourself engaged and motivated to try and make changes when it
feels like nothing you’re doing is actually making a difference?
- Have you ever had a situation where somebody has come up to you
in real life and said, “I didn’t like what you put on social
media”? Has a patient recognized you in a positive or negative way
from something that you put out into the ethos of social media or
- Let’s say you had a magic wand, and you could wave it and make
things exactly the way you want. What do you think needs to be
done, specifically for the Roe v. Wade situation? … What would you
think would be the best way to move forward?
- If someone could only listen to the last 30 seconds of this
podcast, what would you want them to take away?
- How to contact Teplinsky 35:15
- Thanks for listening 36:02
Eleonora Teplinsky, MD, is head of breast
medical oncology at Valley-Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Care;
clinical assistant professor of medicine at The Icahn School of
Medicine at Mount Sinai.
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr.
Jain at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @HemOncToday and @ShikhaJainMD. Teplinsky can be reached
@drteplinsky on Twitter and Instagram, or at drteplinksy.com.
Disclosures: Jain reports she is a paid
freelance writer for Lippincott. Teplinsky reports no relevant