Aug 3, 2022
In this episode, host Shikha Jain, MD, speaks
with Helio Genomics’ Justin Chen Li about the ways
in which AI has been incorporated into oncologic care, how this
technology can improve care disparities, and more.
- Welcome to another exciting episode of Oncology Overdrive
- About Li :18
- The interview: 1:10
- How did you end up in this field?
- What is AI-based cancer detection? What does Helio Genomics do?
... Is it really science-fiction, or is it actually happening in
today’s day and age that we can actually use in our clinical
- There’s different ways AI has been incorporated into oncologic
care. What’s different about what you do?
- What is it that you’re doing in the HCC (hepatocellular
carcinoma) space right now? 7:47
- Is this something that can help in that space? Is that why this
is so innovative? 9:43
- If you could wave a magic wand and say, “We want Helio Genomics
to be able to accomplish this,” what would you want to
make happen for cancer patients from using your technology?
- Do you think there’s a way that this could potentially address
health care disparities that exist in cancer care and potentially
improve the gaps in care that we often see?
- How has COVID and the pandemic impacted your team — your
technology, your delivery of care and your planning? … Have there
been things that have forced you all to change the way you think
about or improve things based on the last couple of years?
- What’s next for you? Where do you see yourself growing and
going next from here? 18:26
- Is this something you envision expanding into other aspects of
health care? Is there a way to expand what you’re doing outside of
cancer care? 19:42
- If someone could only listen to 2 to 3 minutes, or the last
couple of soundbites of this episode, what would you want them to
remember and take away? 21:26
- How to contact Li 22:20
- Thanks for listening 22:50
Justin Chen Li, is CEO of Helio Genomics, an
AI-based cancer detection company focusing on next generation
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr.
Jain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @HemOncToday and @ShikhaJainMD. Li can be reached on
LinkedIn by searching Justin Chen Li, or email email@example.com.
Disclosures: Jain reports she is a paid
freelance writer for Lippincott. Li is CEO of Helio Genomics.