Apr 6, 2023
In this episode, host Shikha Jain, MD, speaks
with Jorge García, PharmD, about the economic
benefits of biosimilars, the unique perspective pharmacists can
bring to cancer care costs and more.
• Welcome to another exciting episode of Oncology Overdrive :14
• About García :23
• The interview 2:44
• How did you enter the world of pharmacy? What was your journey into this field? 3:11
• Can you tell us about what biosimilars are, and how you found yourself in this space? 5:09
• What do you think is the next step for biosimilars? 6:34
• What types of diseases specifically are biosimilars the most exciting for? … What are diseases that biosimilars have the highest impact in? 8:09
• What is Act4Biosimilars, and what do they do? 12:05
• How did you get involved with Act4Biosimilars? 13:04
• Can you expand on what Act4Biosimilars is doing to address inequities and disparities in health care? Is there a way to get biosimilars into the hands of more people who really need it? 14:55
• How do you see the impact of these initiatives and interventions are going to be over the next few years? 17:14
• How do you suggest people who are interested in getting involved in this type of work find this path? 19:31
• Jain and García on his unique perspective of being a pharmacist and having an MBA and understanding cost of care 24:22
• If you had a crystal ball, and you could see five or ten years from now, what do you hope will have changed in the biosimilar news space? 27:13
• If someone could only listen to the two minutes of this episode, what would you want them to take away? 30:36
• How to contact García 31:27
• Thanks for listening 32:32
Jorge García, PharmD, MS, MHA, MBA, FACHE is the assistant vice president at Baptist Health South Florida, where he is responsible for oncology pharmacy services, non-oncology infusion pharmacy services, and sterile compounding quality.
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr. Jain at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter @HemOncToday and @ShikhaJainMD. García can be reached via LinkedIn.
Disclosures: García and Jain report no relevant financial disclosures.