Jan 5, 2023
In this episode, host Shikha Jain, MD, speaks
with Michael Roizen, MD, author and chief wellness
officer at the Cleveland Clinic, about developing tools that can
help lead to a longer life, public health messaging in media and
- Welcome to another exciting episode of Oncology Overdrive
- About Roizen :20
- The interview 1:01
- How did you get to where you are today, and what was your
journey into medicine, health care and everything you are doing
outside of clinical medicine? 1:30
- How do we de-age ourselves, and what do we do to reboot
- Why have we not had a national movement toward this when this
is something that many people care so much about?
- Jain and Roizen on retirement age, life expectancy and medical
- Do you think there are any modifications or anything we should
think about differently now that COVID is a part of our everyday
- What are you covering in this book [The Great Age Reboot:
Cracking the Longevity Code for a Younger Tomorrow]? What is
its purpose? 19:43
- For those of us who are parents, does it matter if you start
programming cells from a young age, or is this more for adults?
- How did you get an Emmy? 27:12
- What do you think of how communication to the public has
changed? … What do you think about where we are going and how
things have evolved over the years?
- What’s next for you? … How do you find the time to do all of
- About Jain’s non-profits and Roizen’s involvement in gender
equity movements in medicine 38:09
- If someone could only listen to the last minute of this
episode, what would you want them to take away?
- How to contact Roizen and get his book
- Thanks for listening 46:16
Michael F. Roizen, MD, is the emeritus chief
wellness officer at the Cleveland Clinic, a professor at the
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine at Case Western Reserve
University, and author of four #1 New York Times best-selling
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr.
Jain at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @HemOncToday and @ShikhaJainMD. Roizen can be reached via
email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on
the website GreatAgeReboot.com.
Find The Great Age Reboot: Cracking the Longevity Code
for a Younger Tomorrow wherever you get your books!
Disclosures: Jain reports no relevant financial
disclosures. Healio could not confirm Roizen's financial
disclosures at the time of publication.